0.8.2 on OSX

Accueil Forums Feedback 0.8.2 on OSX

5 sujets de 1 à 5 (sur un total de 5)
  • Auteur
    Anonyme
    Inactif

Cheers for knocking out another update in such timely fashion.

I just installed 0.8.2 on my OSX 10.6.7 system and am enjoying the revamped toolbar. I especially appreciate the OSC message declaration on mouse hover. Your change notice calls it « displays OSC messages on object hover » giving the impression it’s a realtime trace-debug message (which would be interesting) but the declaration is very helpful as it is! I’m having a little trouble focusing the mouse over most cursors to get the tooltip to appear, but want to work with it more before describing my issues. I also will run it on the other platforms for comparison.

Cheers,
    –Bob

#2347 Répondre
    Anonyme
    Inactif

giving the impression it’s a realtime trace-debug message (which would be interesting)

Good idea !

I’m having a little trouble focusing the mouse over most cursors to get the tooltip to appear

Well I changed the way objects are selected/hovered. It’s more precise and sensible but maybe the hover area is too small…

#2348 Répondre
    Anonyme
    Inactif

Well I changed the way objects are selected/hovered. It’s more precise and sensible but maybe the hover area is too small…

I was also thinking the hover area might be too small, …however:

Might there also be a Z-order issue? The reason I ask is because I noticed that while trying to get cursors in focus, my curves were often lighting up instead. Are the curves higher in the Z-order than the cursors?

(I made these observations while working with the quite dense-with-curves Metastasis score)

Cheers,
    –Bob

#2349 Répondre
    Anonyme
    Inactif

I was also thinking the hover area might be too small, …however:

I’ll correct that. I think it’s correct for triggers and curves. But cursors might be difficult to select.

Might there also be a Z-order issue? The reason I ask is because I noticed that while trying to get cursors in focus, my curves were often lighting up instead. Are the curves higher in the Z-order than the cursors?

Well, the algorithm is not as simple as I wished; it is affected by the way I store objects in memory (it’s not a simple List of objects, because it is very CPU-consumming with a lot of objects). So if two objects are at the same position, the priority is :

1. group name

2. object’s activity (inactive first then active)

3. object’s type (curves, triggers then cursors)

and finaly, random! Because I use a Hash-table, the order is not predictable.

(I made these observations while working with the quite dense-with-curves Metastasis score)

Yes, curve selection in Metastasis is horrible… I know 🙂

#2350 Répondre
    Anonyme
    Inactif

Yes, curve selection in Metastasis is horrible… I know 🙂

Maybe your horrible is my challenging :–)

…So if two objects are at the same position, the priority is :

1. group name

2. object’s activity (inactive first then active)

3. object’s type (curves, triggers then cursors)

and finaly, random! Because I use a Hash-table, the order is not predictable.

I can’t decide whether that’s a can of worms or a tangled web! The latter sounds more literary.

in cases of multiple objects at the same location, are we at the point we need a pop-up with a single-select list the user can pick from? …or a magnifier that shows the nearby bits of only the colliding objects?

Cheers,
    –Bob

5 sujets de 1 à 5 (sur un total de 5)
Répondre à : Répondre #2348 dans 0.8.2 on OSX
Vos informations :

© IanniX Association

Qu'est-ce que IanniX ? | Téléchargement | Showcase | Forum | Recherche | À propos